The quality built in to every Chevrolet and Cadillac vehicles comes with the assurance of our 5 Year | 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. When you combine that with our complimentary 5 Year | 100,000 mile roadside assistance and courtesy transportation programs, you know we've got you confidently covered.
- Warranty Details
- Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible*
Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program*
Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year 24/7 Courtesy Transportation Program*
- Covered for 100,000 Miles/5 years*
- Chevrolet will warrant each 2007 through 2011 model year Chevrolet passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover or van for 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers or 5 years (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) with no deductible, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs that are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the powertrain components as listed below:
- Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.
Engine: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
- All internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, lines and radiators. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e., Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.), cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.
- Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals and gaskets.
Transmission/Transaxle: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
- All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transmission (slave cylinder, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors. Also excluded are clutch and pressure plate as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or module programming.
Transfer Case: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
- All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case as well as encoder motor. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors as well as the transfer case control module and/or module programming.
- All internally lubricated parts, final-drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts and universal joints. All mounts, supports, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e., front differential actuator, etc). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are all wheel bearings, drive wheel front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems as well as any drive system control module and/or module programming.
Courtesy Transportation Program
- During the warranty coverage period, this Chevrolet program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.
Roadside Assistance Program
- Chevrolet is proud to offer the response, security and convenience of the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first. The program provides you with the following services during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty period:
- Emergency Towing (to closest Chevy dealer from a legal roadway)
- Lockout Service (keys locked inside vehicle)
- Flat Tire Changes (spare installed)
- Fuel Delivery ($5 worth of fuel delivered on the road)
- Jump-Starts (at home or on the road)
- Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer. For specific terms and conditions, please contact your Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Program advisor at 1-800-243-8872.
What Is Not Covered
- All the
above items are not covered for damage due to accident, misuse,
alteration, insufficient or improper maintenance, contaminated or poor
quality fuel. Medium-duty trucks, including the C4500, are excluded
from this powertrain coverage. For complete details, refer to your
Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet.
This is a supplement to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet. Other coverages are not extended or altered due to this supplement.
For 2007 through 2009 model year passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover and van owners requiring a more comprehensive coverage than what is provided with this warranty and the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, an authorized GM service contract (GM Protection Plan) is available through your dealer/retailer). This is the only plan recommended by General Motors. See your dealer/retailer for details.
- Battery Warranty
- Voltec Electric Drive System Coverage
- Chevrolet Volt 8-year/100,000-mile Battery and Voltec Component Limited Warranty *(Volt models only)
Hybrid Battery Coverage
- Chevy Hybrid 8-year/100,000 mile* battery and hybrid component warranty on certain hybrid components. (Tahoe and Silverado Hybrid models only)
Covered for 3 years/36,000 miles*
- Chevrolet backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship, for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first (except normal maintenance). The warranty covers towing to the nearest Chevrolet dealership, and there is no deductible for warranty repairs during the warranty period. The warranty transfers automatically with vehicle ownership during the warranty period.
Covered for 6 years/100,000 miles
- Chevrolet vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for six years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Chevrolet dealer for terms of this limited warranty.
An Important Note about Alterations and Warranties
- Installations or alterations to the original equipment vehicle (or chassis) as distributed by General Motors are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer or upfitter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts, components, systems, or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 100,000 mile/5-year Powertrain warranty?
- All GM cars and light duty trucks are covered. The Powertrain Limited Warranty is 100,000 miles or 5-years (whichever comes first, see dealer for details). It is fully transferable and there are no fees and no deductibles. In addition, the Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation programs are also 100,000 miles or 5-years (whichever comes first). For more details, please see dealer or visit the Warranty section on GM.com.
How is the bumper-to-bumper warranty affected by this 100,000 mile/5-year warranty?
- The bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty on new GM cars and light-duty trucks remains in effect for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first, see dealer for details) on Chevrolet and GMC vehicles; and 4 years or 50,000 miles (whichever comes first, see dealer for details) on Buick and Cadillac vehicles. The powertrain limited warranty supplements the bumper to bumper warranty and, in general, continues to cover the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles up to the 5 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first, see dealer for details) from the vehicle's in-service date. For more details, please see dealer or visit the Warranty section on GM.com.
What does the bumper-to-bumper warranty cover?
- The Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty covers most GM vehicles registered in the U.S. and Canada from the date the vehicle is first delivered until it reaches 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first, see dealer for details) on Chevrolet and GMC vehicles; and 4 years or 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first, see dealer for details) on Buick and Cadillac vehicles. It covers the vehicle from bumper to bumper on any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship. Original tires are covered but prorated after 12,000 miles during the terms of the Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty. For further details, look in the Owner's Manual under "What Is Covered" and "What Is Not Covered."
Is my vehicle covered from rust, too?
- GM vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for a minimum of 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See dealer for terms of this limited warranty.
Does GM offer or endorse any service contracts for new or used vehicles?
- Yes, the GM Protection Plan (GMPP) vehicle service and maintenance contracts are the only products endorsed by GM and are available through most GM dealers . To learn more about the different plans available, please visit www.gmprotectionplan.com/ourproducts.html.
What is Roadside Assistance?
GM has a Roadside Assistance program to aid owners during an emergency and with other services. It is a complimentary service that comes with each new GM vehicle. Services provided include:
- 24-hour, 7-days-a-week toll-free 800 phone assistance
- Towing to the closest GM divisional dealer (from a legal roadway)
- Flat tire change (using vehicle's spare or tire inflator kit)
- Battery jump-start
- Vehicle unlock service (costs for a new key and the labor to create not covered)
- Trip interruption assistance (coverage varies by brand)
- Trip routing (coverage varies by brand)
- Emergency fuel delivery (up to $5.00 worth)
How do I contact Roadside Assistance?
If your GM vehicle is equipped with an active OnStar subscription, the customer can simply press the blue button for roadside service. If it is not equipped with OnStar, please contact the appropriate number below to initiate roadside assistance for your vehicle:
- Chevrolet 800-243-8872
How long is my vehicle covered by Roadside Assistance?
- Roadside Assistance is included for 5 years/100,000 miles on 2007 and newer GM models.
Are there any costs to me for using Roadside Assistance?
- There is generally no charge for any of the services listed under "What is Roadside Assistance?" while the vehicle is covered by the complimentary Roadside Assistance service. However, additional charges may be incurred for some services, including towing the vehicle beyond the closest GM dealer; for non-warranty parts and labor; or for lost key replacements. For details and additional information, please refer to Section 7 of the Owner's Manual.
See dealer for additional warranty details, additional coverage and exclusions.